If this magazine is sold out but your want to order a copy, please message me using the web form.
In Issue 6, we’re taking a look upward and beyond as a gentle reminder to not forget to look skyward, to see the beauty above, to take a breath of fresh air. The 12 knitting patterns we’re so excited to share with you are inspired by everything we see when we take our eyes off the ground – the sky, the clouds, the buildings, the trees, the texture, the light. They’re complemented by the works of our artists and writers who remind us to stay present and connected, no matter where we are and what we see.
In its pages you’ll find accessory and garment patterns that do just that by introducing us to a new technique, a unique construction method, a brave design inspiration. Stories about body image, size inclusivity, and queer identity, shared by a handful of wonderful authors and illustrators, invite you to sit down, read, and question.
With Making Stories Magazine, we strive to feature companies and makers who focus on sustainability, transparency, fairness and equity in their work. We love telling their stories and hope to inspire and enable crafters to make conscious and informed decisions about the materials they use and the companies they support.
Fiona Alice, Makenzie Alvarez, Elena Solier Jansà, Valentina Cosciani, Emily Joy Rickard, Susan Schädler, Ayano Tanaka, Kjerstin Rovetta, Ksenia Naidyon, Julia Exner y Audrey Borrego.
- Altocumulus Shawl de Fiona Alice.
- Among The Trees Hat de Makenzie Alvarez.
- Boirina Sweater de Elena Solier Jansà.
- Cirro Sweater de Valentina Cosciani.
- Dancing Skies Socks de Emily Joy Rickard.
- Grassland T-shirt de Susan Schädler.
- Growing Ivy Scarf de Ayano Tanaka.
- Ley Lines Sweater de Kjerstin Rovetta.
- Orage Socks de Elena Solier Jansà.
- Sky Lines Wrap de Ksenia Naidyon.
- Tropfen Sweater de Julia Exner.
- Vitrail Socks de Audrey Borrego.
Printed on 100% recycled paper.
Includes Ravelry download.